- Learn historical facts and fun trivia about "The Showplace of the Nation from an engaging tour guide.
- Marvel at the extravagant Art Deco interior.
- Tour the basement where the hydraulics for the stage are located.
- Meet one of the famous precision dancers from the Radio City Rockettes®
- Visit the Rockettes Hall of Fame.
Radio City Music Hall: Stage Door Tour
New York is famous for its culturally significant locations. The Radio City Music Hall Stage Tour allows you to get a closer look at one of the city’s most storied theatres. Home to the world famous dance troupe The Rockettes, Radio City Music Hall is an impressive Art Deco building that channels the golden age of entertainment. During your 75-minute tour, an experienced guide will lead you through the theatre’s beautiful auditorium and lead you to the grand Great Stage, all while sharing exciting stories every step of the way. By the time you leave, you’ll know more about the building’s history, architecture, and the impressive collection of artwork housed within its walls. During the tour, you can even meet a real-life Rockette and get a photo. No matter the time of year, the stunning display of art and architecture makes the Radio City Music Hall Stage Tour an essential experience during your trip to Manhattan.
Exhibits and Activities
The Music Hall's Art Deco Architecture
The Great Stage
The Grand Foyer
Meet A World Famous Rockette
Did You Know
- In trying to maintain its original appearance, Radio City Music Hall still contracts with the same companies and family businesses they did back in 1932.
- Radio City Music Hall was used as a regular movie theater in the 1930s to provide affordable entertainment during the Depression.
- The Hall contains seats, all with unobstructed views of the stage, for 6,000 patrons.
Tips for Visitors
- Tours run every half hour between 9:30am and 5:00pm.
- Depending on when you visit, you may even see the Rockettes practicing on stage.